Built by the entrepreneur Grigor Nosi, the station started its activity on May 28, 1932. The station is located in the village of Tregan, twelve kilometers from the city of Elbasan, on the road to Cerrik. The commute is covered by a regular bus service. The license for the use of the "Nosi Spring" hot sulfurous thermal water resources has bee issued by the High State Council on June 20, 1932.
Since it's opening, the center has always exclusively used the thermal water source “Nosi Spring”, which in contrast to many other sources has been protected from degradation and has preserved to this day its unique properties. The water temperature at the source is 56 ̊ C. As studies show, different sources, even those in geographical proximity can have very different characteristics.
“Nosi Spring” thermal springs is the most complete in regard to the chemical composition and it is known all over the world for its high qualities. Apart from hydrogen and oxygen, these thermal springs contain plenty of other elements from lava as they spring up from a depth of 13.000 meters under the earth surface. The thermal water mixture takes about 100 years before it gets fully composed and pressurized to be currented up above the earth surface.
These thermal mineral springs have been used and mentioned as early as the Roman times, but the first chemical analyses were only done on June 11th, 1924, in the Technological Institute of Prague. Soon after the completion of those analyses, Prof.Dr. Forminek recommended numerous uses of these mineral waters to different patients, but priority was given to rheumatic diseases.
Dr.Ing. Beno Winter, a Checkoslovak engineer, was the first to lay the scientific bases on the use of these thermal springs. He came down to Albania in 1932-1936, and, after conducting some detailed chemical analyses, widened the scope of recommendations on the use of thermal springs. Besides rheumatical treatments, he recommended these hot mineral water springs to patients suffering from skin diseases, to couples unable to deliver children, to patients with limbs blood circulation abnormalities, diabetis, physical and mental overexhaustion, etc. These recommendations were included in the 1934 advertising leaflet as well.
After being nationalized in 1946, this propriety was, thanks to the 1991 political changes, returned to the late Grigor Nosi’s inheritors, who re-established the public limited company “Park Nosi” in 1995.
Nowadays, this company runs its activities mainly in offering thermal baths and mud-packing treatment which, besides its curing properties, is also effective in stimulating sexual activity.
The spa baths resort has 76 accommodation rooms, 24 thermal pools and one fungo-therapeutical ward with a highly qualified medical staff, who can check as much as three patients at a time. The presence of a specialist doctor in this spa springs resort is ever compulsory.
Thanks to the detailed chemical analyses one could realize the outstanding numerous curing properties of the newly fresh currented-up thermal waters. 200 clients can be accommodated in this spa resort, and treatments could be extended out-patiently, daily or fortnightly, that is, every 1-14 and 16-29 of each month, or every next day.
Chemical Analysis Results
Geothermal zone Kruje, Thermal Station Llixha - Elbasan
|Mbetje e thate - 180⁰C||gr/L||6.805|
|CO2 i lirë||gr/L||0.1615|